Thursday, October 31, 2013

Togetherness- A Series (Part 4)

The earlier parts: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. Happy reading…


Sweaty from the run, I walked in to see Karan already at the breakfast table.

"Morning Karan, had a good night’s sleep?"

"Completely. Dad I want to talk with you and mom for a bit."

Karan went on to say exactly what we had thought for him. My little boy was now a man ready to take his own responsibilities, and I was sure he would manage them well. It was just a day since I had talked with the father of my soon to become daughter-in-law, Ramesh, and we had discussed the same topic at length.

“It’s just a matter of time before they take this decision on their own. They are grown enough to understand their priorities. Let’s give them a little time more Ramesh,” I had said, and today Karan had said this.

“He’s so grown up now, isn’t he?”

“Yes, he is. I’m so happy that he has matured enough to take right decisions for his life. He won’t let Niki get sad at any point of time in life. Ooo I’m so happy for them.”

My wife said this as she hugged me and tears plopped out of her eyes due to the happiness of the moment. Karan had gone to check on his accounts and to complete some work and I decided to ring Ramesh up.

“Hello Ramesh sir. Good morning, how are you doing this morning?”

“Well, Niki’s just gone to our native place for a short holiday. I wanted her away from the stress of the office for some days. Yesterday she was looking too strained.”

“I have some good news for you.”

“What?”

“Karan just talked to us about marrying Niki. We would like to come to your house, the three of us, and maybe we can work out the dates and stuff.”

“You’re not lying?”

The glee was not disguised in his voice, as he asked the question just to hear the answer again.

“No Ramesh, no. Can we come in tomorrow morning for the official meeting?”

“Come right now if you have to. You are always welcome. My day is surely going to go very well. This decision is what was troubling us, and now they have taken it. Let me tell Leela about it, she will be overjoyed.”

“Enjoy your day. I’ll make Karan contact you by the evening in order to fix the meeting tomorrow. Make sure you delay a bit, and also show some hesitation for it, but then give in. We deserve to have some fun as well, don’t we?”

“I know the drill sir. Just make sure you hear it all on speaker. And don’t spoil it by laughing out loud.”

“I’ll try. And sir, are you free for table tennis at 4 today?”

“I remember about our weekly meeting, no need to remind me.”

“I thought I should do it as you are going visibly mad with the good news Samdhiji.”

“See you at 4.”

Laughing, I kept down the phone, and narrated the whole call to my wife.

It would all be about waiting. we would be calling the shots, but we would have to make sure they had the desired effects; the good event about to happen must not be stopped.

2 comments: