Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Small Gift of Love...


The hands of the clock walk slowly to meet each other at the nightly hour of 12,
They signal the birth, the beginning,
Of a new day, a day special to me, as a son and a nephew,
'Cause it was the day they came, and they started painting the world with their color.

As time flies and they shoot through their years,
The white in their hair grows,
Not symbolizing their age, but the experience they have gone through.

Always blasting through rough times, and tough tasks,
They gift me the courage to move ahead and to face life.
With their incessant freshness and the welcoming to work, they teach me the need for hard work.

All they do is for family, and not for themselves,
Their selflessness is something I should idealize,
Never tired for me,
They are the ones who make me what I am,
With their passion, their perseverance, their love, and their ever present support.

People never fail to notice the similarities in physical features between us,
Nor do they fail to comment on the learnings I have got from you,
Nor do they fail to see the love, the bond and the connection which unites us.

..
..
..

I cannot go ahead as this makes me speechless,
I cannot go ahead as there is so much to say,
I cannot go ahead as words are not enough to say what I feel for these two men in my life.

My support system, my idols, my role models, and my eternal teachers,
All I can do is to wish you both a Very Happy Birthday.

May the year pass with happiness and success,
And may God fulfill all the wishes you have,
May He gift you with the chocolates of pleasure and love,
And the wonderful goodies of glory and growth.

And as a special request from my side,
May He keep you both eternal to decorate my life,
As you have done before, and you keep doing it,
As the clock keeps ticking.

Wish you both, Dad and Mama, a Very Very Happy Birthday,
Love you both loads. :) :D :*

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the ardent fervour of the prayer of a son in words which are balanced and eloquent.

    ReplyDelete